I have a list. A “naughty” list, if you will. It’s a list of words that cause me to gag whenever I hear them. My family and friends are aware of my aversion to these words and often string them together in a vomit-inducing sentence just to see my reaction. Some of the words are not surprising. Others may cause you to question my sanity. Either way, here are the words that I think are just nasty!
1. MOIST – this needs no explanation.
2. PANTIES – Can’t we just agree to call them underwear? Or, undies if you need to be cute?
3. OINTMENT – I am gagging just writing this.
4. FESTER – A lingering smell or a character in the Adam’s Family. Either way, yuck.
5. DOLLOP – I can’t even stomach the Daisy commercials.
6. SECRETION – Again, no explanation needed.
7. QUININE – as in water. I don’t know why but say the word a couple times and you’ll agree.
8. COCKLES – My mother always says “it warms the cockles of your heart”. Simultaneously, I gag.
9. SUCCULENT – I know it implies a good thing but it just sounds so bad!
10. RHUBARB – I don’t know that I’ve ever tried it because the word grosses me out so much!
What did I miss? What words gross you out?