10 Reasons to get the Disney Dining Plan
Debating the Disney Dining Plan? Don’t. I did a ton of research before we recently took our trip to Disney to determine whether or not the dining plan was right for us. It turns out, it was the best decision that I made. It is an easy way to make your Disney trip “all inclusive” (except for alcohol and tips) and experience some of the best restaurants Disney has to offer.
Here are some reasons to get the Disney Dining Plan:
1. Convenience – The number one reason you should get the dining plan is the convenience of it. The points are loaded on your magic band so you never have to think about it. After every purchase, your receipts show you how many dining credits and snack credits you have left. Kids can walk right up to a vendor in the park to get a snack and pay with their bands. It makes things so much easier when you don’t have to keep track of finances for food.
2. Flexibility – Having the dining plan gives you the flexibility to eat where you want when you want. You get to choose from a long list of restaurants that range in quality and price. Pick a quick service or table service restaurant, it doesn’t matter because it’s all based on points. If you want to mix in some fine dining, you can do that too, just be aware that the more premium restaurants are worth 2 points (per person) versus most of the restaurants which are 1 point (per person).
3. Ease of use – It was so easy to understand and use the dining plan. Once you see all of your points pooled together you can map out how many points you will use based on your existing reservations and figure out how many you will have left at the end. Also, all of the Disney cast members are very helpful and willing to help when you have questions.
4. Peace of mind – Having the dining plan gave me peace of mind because I had already paid for it as part of my vacation package. Therefore, the only additional funds I needed to account for were alcoholic beverages and service tips which are not included.
5. Value – After your first meal, you will easily be able to see the value you are getting for the meal plan. Disney restaurant prices are high no matter how you decide to pay. With the dining plan, you get an appetizer, entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverages for points, not cash. However, once you see the final cash value of your bill, you will quickly see you are definitely getting your money’s worth.
6. Selection – You might think that having the dining plan limits your options. Not the Disney Dining Plan. You are able to order right off of the full menu and pick whatever you want from each section. Many restaurants even made special accommodations if we wanted something slightly different from what they offered.
7. Character Dining – Having a young child, character Dining was very important to me. There are a whole bunch of character dining restaurants that accept the Disney Dining Plan. Have dinner with Mickey & Minnie, lunch with Pooh & Tigger and breakfast with Donald & Daisy – or all of the above! You can do it all with the Disney Dining Plan!
8. Quality – I can’t tell you how good the food was at some of the restaurants we ate at. You just have to experience it for yourself. I will tell you that I am a bit of a foodie and have eaten at some of the most amazing places around the world. The quality of the food that we had at Disney was right on par with the best restaurants. Just look at some of the pictures!
9. Snacks – There are snack stands all over Disney! They use a little symbol to signify whether or not an item qualifies as a snack credit. In most cases, it does. In fact, I can’t think of many examples where a snack we bought didn’t qualify. Dole whip? Yes. Turkey leg? You betcha. Mickey ice cream bar? You better believe it!
10. Take it to go! – By the end of the week, we had eaten where we wanted and still had some points left over. Luckily, the snack points work in the convenience stores. So, we used our leftover points to bring home some cookies, candy and lollipops for our friends and family. Instant souvenirs!
As you can tell, I highly recommend the Disney Dining Plan. For reference, I purchased the Deluxe Dining option and I am thrilled that I did!
Are you thinking of getting the dining plan? Have questions? Leave me your questions or comments!